Newbury Park High School Athletic Clearance Process Instructions:
The clearance process MUST be completed BEFORE your child will be able to tryout, practice, or play. Coaches will not allow athletes to participate in tryouts or practices until cleared. Any student who wishes to participate in any sport must follow these steps:
- Get a physical or Sports Clearance from any doctor. You must use the CVUSD official form. Click HERE for mandatory CVUSD Sports Clearance Form form to take to the doctor.
- Parents must fill out the top section of the Sports Clearance Form completely and sign it in the middle of the page.
- The Sports Clearance Form must be SIGNED and DATED by a medical practitioner.
- Physicals/Sports Clearances are valid for 12 months from the date of the exam.
- New athletes — Create an online account on athleticclearance.com, following the steps below.
- Current NPHS athletes adding another sport — Update your online account on athleticclearance.com, following the steps below.
**IMPORTANT—Students must create an online clearance for EACH SPORT they wish to participate in during the school year. Clearance for one sport does not mean the student is cleared for every sport.
- Go to athleticclearance.com and click on the California icon.
- Click on the “Register” button. Fill out the registration information & submit. You will then be taken to your home page. One account can be used to create clearances for multiple students, sports, and school years so be sure to remember your login information. If you need further assistance, view the tutorial video in the top right corner of the home page titled “Need Help?”
- Complete the Student Information, Medical History, Parent/Guardian Information, and Signatures Click “Save” or “Submit” at the end of each section to save your work and move to the next section. If you must edit a section that is already completed, click on the “Pencil” icon.
- Upload the completed and signed physical form to the “Documents Library.”
- Scan or take a photo of the Sports Clearance Form; save as a jpeg/gif or pdf to your computer. Please do not save as a Word/.doc file.
- Scan (or take photo) front of medical insurance card; save as a jpeg/gif or pdf to your computer. Please do not save as a Word/.doc file.
- In your athleticclearance.com account, click on “Documents Library” and click “choose file.” Upload file.
- Repeat for front side of medical insurance card. You do not need to scan or take a picture of the back side.
5. You must migrate the file from the documents library to upload it to your child’s profile.
- In your AthleticClearance.com account, click on the “Pencil” icon (see graphic above).
- Next to “Upload Physical form,” click “choose from document library” and select file containing Sports Clearance Form.
- Click “Submit to Attach Clearances.” Repeat for “Proof of Insurance” with the front side of the medical insurance card.
- Most families will not need to use the “Additional Files” button
Despite a confirmation message that you have completed the registration, the athlete is NOT cleared. When forms are reviewed by the Athletic Department at the start of the season, a clearance confirmation is issued to clear your student athlete the season or an email is sent stating the problem. Please be patient in this process. The athletics department does not receive a notification when a file has been created or updated. The athletic director or athletic secretary must personally review each file to clear an athlete. We check for new/updated files periodically, always giving priority to the current/upcoming season.
CURRENT NPHS ATHLETES ADDING ANOTHER SPORT:
- Access your account at AthleticClearance.com using the same log-in email and password.
- Click “Start clearances here” and select 2019/20 school year; Newbury Park HS; Sport. Click “Submit.”
- Click the name of your student from the drop down menu.
- Review each section and complete any that do not autofill.
- If you previously uploaded the Physical/Sports Clearance Form and insurance card correctly, it will attach to the new sport.
- If the Physical/Sports Clearance has expired and you need a reminder about uploading a new one, see #4 above.
At this point, the athlete is NOT cleared. When forms are reviewed at the start of the season, a clearance confirmation is issued to clear your student athlete the season or an email is sent stating the problem. Please be patient in this process. The athletics department does not receive a notification when a file has been created or updated. The athletic director or athletic secretary must personally review each file to clear an athlete. We check for new/updated files periodically, always giving priority to the current/upcoming season.
The Athletics Department is unable to access documents in your Documents Library or upload forms for parents.
Please note: Sports Clearances should NOT replace your child’s yearly complete physical from their primary care doctor. Please continue to see your child’s pediatrician who checks growth, pubertal development, school progress, mental health, drug screening, required vaccinations, etc.
Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and be passing 20 semester credits to be eligible to participate in Athletics or a Co-Curricular Activity. Initial eligibility is based on the grading period immediately before the season of sport. Fall eligibility is based upon the end-of-the-year report card (June, 2017). Eligibility will be reviewed at each grading period.
PLEASE NOTE: Any student who has transferred to NPHS in the 12 months prior to a season must contact the Athletic Director.
Athletes are expected to ride the team bus to and from all athletic events. Transportation fees are due the first week of practice. Transportation fees for athletics and activities can be paid online through the Student Store or by check at the Student Store on campus. The transportation fee decreases when the same athlete plays more than one sport/activity within the school year. Siblings cannot be combined for the discount. However, there is a family discount.
1st sport/activity of the school year — $124.00
2nd sport/activity of the school year — $ 71.00
3rd sport/activity of the school year — $ 55.00