Newbury Park High School Sports Clearance Process
(Updated for 2020-2021 School Year)
The clearance process MUST be completed BEFORE your child will be able to tryout, practice, or play. Coaches should not allow athletes to participate in tryouts or practices until cleared. Any student who wishes to participate in any sport must follow these steps:
Get a Physical or Sports Clearance from any doctor. You must use the CVUSD official form below.
- Click HERE or go to the Athletics Office to pick up the form.
- Parents must fill out the top of the form completely and sign in the middle section.
- The Physical/Sports Clearance Form must be SIGNED and DATED by a medical practitioner.
- Physicals/Sports Clearances are valid for 12 months from the date of the exam.
**IMPORTANT—Students must have an online profile for EACH SPORT they wish to participate in during the school year. Clearance for one sport does not mean the student is cleared for every sport. Just make sure to check the boxes for each sport the student is interested in. One account can be used to create clearances for multiple students, sports, and school years so be sure to remember your login information. If you need further assistance, view the tutorial video in the top right corner of the home page titled “Need Help?”
- Create an online account at athleticclearance.com and click on the California icon. Click on the “Register” button. All communication regarding clearances will be sent to the email used to create the account.
- Complete the Student Information, Medical History, Parent/Guardian Information, and Signature sections. Click “Save” or “Submit” at the end of each section to save your work and move to the next.
- Upload the completed and signed Physical/Sports Clearance Form
- Scan/photograph the Physical/Sports Clearance Form and the front side of the athlete’s medical insurance card
- Upload Physical/Sports Clearance Form under Upload Physical Form and the insurance card under Proof of Insurance by clicking “Choose File” buttons.
- CLICK SAVE!
- If you need to update the physical at a later time,or edit a section that is already completed, click on the “Pencil” icon in the desired column (see below).
Current NPHS Athletes Adding a Sport or Updating to a New Year
Update your current online account on athleticclearance.com by following the steps below. Do not create a new account or profile.
- Access your account at athleticclearance.com using the same log-in email and password.
- Click “Start Clearances Here” and select correct school year; Newbury Park HS; Sport. Click “Submit.”
- Click the name of your student from the drop down menu.
- Review each section and complete any that do not autofill.
- If the Physical/Sports Clearance has expired, see #4 above. Please REPLACE the expired Physical.
Despite a confirmation message that you have completed the registration, the athlete is NOT cleared. Clearance forms are reviewed regularly by the Athletic Department throughout the year. You will receive an email with a clearance confirmation that will either clear your student-athlete for the season or let you know why they are not cleared. The Athletics Department cannot upload forms for parents.
Please note: Sports Clearances should NOT replace your child’s yearly complete physical from their primary care doctor. Please continue to see your child’s pediatrician who checks growth, pubertal development, school progress, mental health, drug screening, required vaccinations, etc.
Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and be passing 20 semester credits to be eligible to participate in Athletics or a Co-Curricular Activity. Initial eligibility is based on the grading period immediately before the season of sport. Fall eligibility is based upon the end-of-the-year report card (June, 2017). Eligibility will be reviewed at each grading period.
PLEASE NOTE: Any student who has transferred to NPHS in the 12 months prior to a season must contact the Athletic Director.
Athletes are expected to ride the team bus to and from all athletic events. Transportation fees are due the first week of practice. Transportation fees for athletics and activities can be paid online through the Student Store or by check at the Student Store on campus. The transportation fee decreases when the same athlete plays more than one sport/activity within the school year. Siblings cannot be combined for the discount. However, there is a family discount.
1st sport/activity of the school year — $124.00
2nd sport/activity of the school year — $ 71.00
3rd sport/activity of the school year — $ 55.00