For the safety and well-being of our students, the CVUSD has released new updated guidelines to our community for individuals that want to volunteer their time in some capacity at school sites. Volunteers are now categorized into four different levels depending on the amount of time they volunteer. This includes Parent Drivers (Level 2).
Parents who plan to drive other students must have all 8 steps (outlined below) completed before being allowed to drive CVUSD students other than their own. Please start this process as soon as possible, as some steps take time to complete.
- Parent submits completed Volunteer Registration Authorization.
- Parent submits completed Volunteer Code of Conduct/Confidentiality Agreement Form.
- Parent submits a photocopy of drivers licence or formal form of ID.
- Parent submits Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment Clearance.
- School Site conducts a Megan’s Law Check.
- Parent submits DMV Vehicle Record Request.
- No DUIs and
- no more than 2 points on driving record
- Parent submits a copy of Auto Insurance Policy Declaration.
- Parent submits completed Personal Vehicle Use Form.
- All potential Parent Drivers & volunteers should see Sue Jensen, school secretary, in the front office to pick up and submit forms.
- Individuals are financially responsible for any costs related to clearance.
- School principal will complete the review and notification of all new parent drivers/volunteers.
- Parents who only drive their child do not have to go through this process.
CVUSD Volunteer Guide Webpage (Forms in English & Spanish) – http://www.conejousd.org/Volunteer-with-CVUSD