For the safety and well-being of our students, the CVUSD has released new updated guidelines to our community for individuals that want to volunteer their time in some capacity at school sites. Volunteers are now categorized into four different levels depending on the amount of time they volunteer. Walk-On/Volunteer coaches are considered Level 4 volunteers.
Volunteer coaches must complete this process before being allowed to coach. Complete steps 1-4 below before meeting with Karen Randall, Athletics Secretary, then call or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to review paperwork and receive DOJ/FBI paperwork.
- Volunteer coach submits completed Volunteer Registration Authorization.
- Volunteer coach submits completed Volunteer Code of Conduct/Confidentiality Agreement Form.
- Volunteer coach submits a photocopy of drivers licence or formal form of ID.
- Volunteer coach submits Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment Clearance.
- School Site conducts a Megan’s Law Check.
- District conducts a DOJ/FBI Background Check.
- Volunteer coach completes online Child Abuse Mandated Reporter Training.
All volunteer coaches should see Karen Randall in the athletic office to submit forms.
Individuals are financially responsible for any costs related to clearance.
School principal will complete the review and notification of all new volunteers.