NPHS Concussion Protocol
- All students must be seen by a medical doctor once suspicion of a concussion occurs. Go to the athletic office has the paperwork needed, or click the link below for the medical doctor to fill out: Concussion Care Plan for Doctor
- CIF Parent Advisory Information: CIF Acute Concussion Notification Form for Parents/Guardians
- CIF/CVUSD RETURN TO LEARN & RETURN TO PLAY Concussion Protocol begins once the student is SYMPTOM FREE.
- Student may run through the CIF approved protocol (see link above) with their own medical practitioner or the high school’s Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC).
- CIF Bylaw 313 “A student-athlete who is suspected of sustaining a concussion or head injury in a practice or game shall be removed from competition at that time for the remainder of the day. A student-athlete who has been removed from play may not return to play until the athlete is evaluated by a licensed health care provider trained in the evaluation and management of concussion and receives written clearance to return to play from that health care provider.”